Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Creativeness!

I have a lot of stuff I've been busy with last term as well as this one. I worked with more traditional methonds 3 months ago like graphite, pen and ink, compressed charcol (which I actually grew to like, thank you Suzannah,) and conte crayon. Nothing ever came about with conte crayon though as I can't say I was a fan. I also played with different papers with better texture. Seriously, I never thought it was a big deal but you get what you pay for. I bought nice vellum which was like drawing with a hot knife in butter. So smooth! I also picked up some textured grey toned charcol paper that was super expensive but JESUS did it save my pictures. It was so forgiving it was almost easy. Anytime I strayed from my original layout it looked great and totally just looked intentional.

Click on my dad below to see more. ooooh... yeah...


From creativity happens


I'm going to try hard to upload more often. Picasa is really confusing but apparently that's what blogger uses to upload pictures. I would use flickr but my limit is just about out. I might have to bust out my furry skills and resort to registering for a deviant art...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

How did I not know you're a fucking amazing artist? Crazy! I love the one of your dad, and Beth in Japan.

Beth Roeser said...

i loooove compressed charcoal. i don't have any art supplies here because i'm determined not to buy anything i have to haul to tokyo in march, but once i get settled in there i'm gonna fucking load up. i wish you'd move to japan and we could make art all night and you could teach me how to not be totally inept.

ayabean said...

I saw the picure of your dad at your place!
Your drawing is sooooo your dad!