Sunday, January 18, 2009

i hate this time of year!

Fuck, man!
Just be spring already.
I hate this time of year because the weather is so misleading. It looks so pleasant and warm but then you step outside and realize that you need two scarves.
I need two scarves.
But! There is hope.
I was walking to school tonight after work and I noticed when I passed the huge pussy willow tree by the William Temple House castle that it was starting to get buds. Pussy willow and buds in the same sentence? GNARLY.
Anyway, it filled me with this sense of hope and ambition. I love when it's right before spring because I know any day now I'll be able to sit on the ground again and sprawl out in Washington Park or play a game of badminton.
And the SMELL is so nostalgic! It's that smell of the ground in the process of rebirth. I love it. And every once in a while I'll get a pocket of warm air and I know spring is just around the corner...

I need to take more pictures.

Bravehart was on TV today. LMAO!!! Mel Gibson, what have you become? Remember when I had the idea that everyone should be a stage of Mel Gibson for Halloween? Shit, I thought that was a great idea.

Aya! Tomorrow night get ready to sing your heart out.

1 comment:

Beth Roeser said...

what, damn, it's like winter just started here. the cherry blossoms don't even bloom in yamagata til like more than a month after tokyo's. spring won't start til like right when i leave.

i like this post!